I just whipped up these goodies for my mom for dessert. I'm not gonna lie, they're one of the best things I've eaten in a long time. I know she's gonna love 'em, too (if my husband doesn't eat them all first!)
Pure cocoa is said to reduce stress, and may even help heart health (vegetarian.about.com). It may also regulate sleep and appetite, and may help prevent diabetes. The flavanols and cocoa are natural chemicals found in plants that are also rich in antioxidants (mercola.com).
These cookies are simple, and incredibly deeeeelish!
Happy Mother's Day!
HealthNutty Raw Chocolate Cookies
(adapted from rawtarian.com)
2 cups almond flour
3 cups ground walnuts
2 cups medjool dates
6 tablespoons blue agave nectar
5 tablespoons coconut oil
2 tablespoons vanilla extract
1 cup pure cocoa
1. Soak medjool dates in 2 cups of boiling hot water (let them sit for 20 minutes)
2. Meanwhile, ground walnuts in food processor until flour-like
3.Combine almond flour, ground walnuts, and cocoa together in bowl
4. Drain water from dates and put them in food processor along with agave nectar, coconut oil, vanilla, until smoth.
5. Add date mixture with ground almond mixture and combine until all ingredients are mixed into a delicious chocolatey dough.
6. Form cookies and eat them...raw!