The Health Nutty Professor says: Too bad so sad! It has incredible flavour, and amazing health benefits!
......Let's kick the flu's arse this season.
Natural Society lists garlic as being anti-infection, anti-fungal, and anti-viral. Even rubbing raw garlic on your skin can kick yeast or viruses (NaturalSociety.com).
Garlic is a great way to detox, as well. It cleanses the liver and kicks out the bad toxins (Sciencenews.com).
Researchers have recently discovered that garlic is 100 times more powerful and beneficial than other antibiotics at fighting intestinal illnesses (Sciencenews.com). You go, Garlic!
Thanks to Natural Society.com, their list tells us some amazing ways garlic is beneficial:
- Toothache – Among many home remedies for toothache, the use of garlic has been passed down for years to treat this issue; the antibiotic compound called allicin is what give garlic this ability. When garlic is crushed, this compound is released, helping to slow bacterial activity upon application and ingestion. Try applying a crushed garlic clove or garlic powder to the area. It may burn, but the pain from the toothache could vanish within minutes, although it could take hours. Repeat this over a few days, and you all should be well.
- Repel mosquitoes – Although not conclusive, there is a long history of using garlic to get rid of many insects. Garlic has a reputation for protecting people from mosquito bites, specifically.
- Warts - Each night before bed, crush up a clove of garlic, rub it on the wart, and apply a bandage. Additionally, cover the wart with juice from garlic twice a day.
- Stuffy nose or nasal congestion – Garlic is one ingredient in one of the most popular home remedies for nasal congestion: tomato tea. Tomato tea is by far the most effective method as reported by peers on Earthclinic. It’s hot and spicy, providing steam and pepper to clear your sinuses, as well as a wallop of vitamin C and a boost to the immune system. Combine the following ingredients in a food processor and heat over a stove until steaming.
- 1 cup tomato juice
- 1 tsp fresh garlic
- ½ tsp of hot sauce
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Pinch of sea or celery salt
So, get on it! Add a ridiculous amount to your food this week!
Warning: If you overdo it like me, you just might knock everyone else out. At least make sure the hubby eats the same amount you do!